This corse has been developed in the scope of the project Lifelong Dancing- Learning pathways about dance for Adult Educators, an Erasmus KA2 project – Strategic Partnership for innovation that is co-funded by the European Commission.
The project is aimed at producing innovative curricula for adult education, about how to work using Dance with different kind of target groups of people with lower opportunities.
In order to achieve this great result, the consortium is composed by 5 organisation (from 5 countries):
- Aspaym, works to achieve a significant improvement in the quality of life of people with physical disabilities and the reduction of barriers in their daily lives.
- CEIPES has the mission to foster and support the sustainable development of local communities and individuals’ empowerment through education and training, human rights and international cooperation. Its main target group in this project are migrants and refugees.
- Gamma Institute for Research and Study of Quantic Consciousness has the main aim is to promote development, research and initiative for activities in the field of psychology, psychotherapy and mental health, in particular through training programs, workshops, psychological services, counseling, psychotherapy. Their target group in this project are people with psychological and emotional disorders.
- Essevesse, association with great experience of using dance in social field, to free individuals from physical, cultural or social constraints that might impede the expression of their full potential. Their target group in this project is LGBTQIA+ community.
- Euni Partners – extensively works with people from and outside educational institutions, as well as with people from geographically distant/ rural areas and people with learning difficulties and disabilities, who are usually facing major difficulties in taking part in qualification courses and trainings, career orientation workshops and other initiatives.
The aim of the project is to increase the quality of adult education organisation, dealing with people with fewer opportunities, thanks to the use of innovative formal, non formal (and digital) educational methodology.
In this way, the project aims also to develop the wellbeing of those target groups, especially thanks to the increase of their self-awareness, self esteem and body-mind integrity
The results of LLD project are:
– An Handbook for adult educators – that is describing the theories of using the dance and movement therapies in the group or individual sessions in activities with adults. This intellectual output will contribute to the professionalisation of adult educators and their extent in terms of documentation.
– Testing dance and movement therapy sessions in adult education field – organised workshops with the target groups that will offer conclusions about the efficiency of dance activities with adults.
– Web platform used for e-learning and for the professional development of adult educators and for extent of organisations capacity to organise activities with adults from different backgrounds. The web platform will be used also for the dissemination of the other intellectual outputs and of the project, organisations and financiers.
– Training kit for educators – this is a collection of concrete curricula for dance and movement activities and sessions with adults, described in specific ways for each type of background: migrants and refugees, people with physical disabilities, people with psychological issues.
A training activity that was attended by all the team members of the partner organisations organised by the French partner (with the biggest expertise on dance and movement activities), in which the adult educators and the representatives of the partner organisations have been trained in the methodology of using dance in adult sessions.
– Other results are obtained after the whole project implementation, responding to the professionalisation of adult educators and the development of adult education field in general. After the project completion, all the organisations that participated to the project will be able to conduct dance activities for their target group, will be able to train other adult educators in this methodology and will have in their portfolio a great expertise in this field that melts art-therapy, non-formal education and adult education, for a increased efficiency in raising the life quality of people, no matter the culture or the social status. These results will remain available also after the project completion as it is described in the field addressed to sustainability.
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 19
- Assessments Yes
This course aims to describe the workshop activities carried out during the project lifetime, which have been tested during pilot activities with different target groups, such us migrants, disable people, LGBTQIA+ community, people with disadvantaged situations. These workshops activity will be better shown through the video tutorials in the relative section. After a general introduction with the project objectives and the description of the target groups, you will find 7 sections with the different workshops developed. In each section you can watch the video tutorial with the trainers explanation of the activities, the tips to the trainers, and the videos of the piloting phases.
- Dance therapy in the field of adult education
- Dance therapy with different target groups
- Workshop 1
This section describe the first workshop, called "Ready for change?" The main aim is to start this path knowing each other and creating the group
- Workshop 2
This section describe the second Workshop called "Yes, together we can!" The main aim is integrating a group, fostering its capacity to work as one organism, supporting and respecting each other.
- Workshop 3
The third workshop called "Who am I" aims to improve self awareness, rebuilding self concept and developing self esteem.
- Workshop 4
The fourth workshop calle "Catch up with yourself" aims to raise awareness of the spaces within our body-parts, the space between two people and the space we are in, through research and creativity.
- Workshop 5
The workshop number five "Trust me" focuses on connecting through balance.
- Workshop 6
The sixth workshop called "Me and myself" aims to develop a new perspective of oneself, encouraging the connection between mind, body and emotions.
- Workshop 7
"Bringing pieces together" is the name of the seventh workshop which is designed to verify and assess the skills acquired as well as the awareness of the development of each participant.
- Post Covid Workshops
In this section you can find all the workshops readapted to be carried out during the physical restriction imposed by the Covid situation. Given the situation the whole world is facing now with COVID and all the challenges and difficulties it brought the consortium adapted the workshops in order for the activities to be in line with the COVID regulations and safety. Limiting close face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Social distancing means people staying home and away from others as much as possible in order to help prevent spread of COVID-19. As people are more often in public now, we can use the term “physical distancing”. Physical distancing means that people should keep a safe distance of 2 m between each other.
After developing the workshops, all the partners tested and adapted them in compliance with the specific needs of the different target groups. Below are presented adaptations of the workshops from all the partners and their recommendations, based on the experience and the observations highlighted during the training process.
- Useful resources - Annexes
In this section you can find the questionnaires useful for the evaluation activities.
- Download materials
In this section is possible to download the materials developed during the project lifetime